CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 8, 2012

World Wind Mini Vacations and Sunday Afternoon

It has been a while since I have been on since my first blog but I have taken a road trip to Butler, PA for a colleagues wedding where there was way to much fun to be had. Playing around in the photo booth at his wedding was the coolest thing ever.....I so want one in my classroom to use for different projects and special days. Below you will find one of my favorite photo booth pic.


 This is a pic with the groom and all of my friends that I work with at Thornton Elementary School. Believe it or not the lady in the blue boa is our principal. I am hiding in the back with a mustache and Peter Pan green hat.


After arriving back home on July 1st, I then turned around and began another day of travel. I was on the road Tuesday to a North Carolina Beach called Ocean Isle. This was a relaxing time with my aunt and uncle and some of their friends. We even witnessed the best Fourth of July Parade with golf carts, bicycles, and decorated vehicles and trailers.


Picture of my cousin, Morgan, her friend Hannah, and the twins Maddie and Macy on the decorated golf cart. Ours was not in the league of the other decorated golf carts.


Now onto today, after cleaning at my grandmother's for a few hours. My aunt and I went to Dollar General and I picked up some things for my classroom this year. I found these trays below to use in a station after finding the idea on Pinterest.






I also found these little jewels at Dollar General as well. They are little boxes with a strap that keeps it closed. Not real sure what I am going to do with them but goes with my classroom theme this year: Peace, Mustaches, and Room 104. If you have any ideas for what I can use them for please feel free to comment.




I decided to try something new on this Sunday, so I filled out the Currently List from Farley. Have noticed these before and never knew how to do it until today. So here is my Currently in July. Still new to this and hopefully I have done this right.



If I didn't do this right please let me know.

5 comments:

  1. Every teacher loves a Dollar Store...and more $ to spend there! I am excited to see what you are going to make.

    I am happy to be your first follower...WAHOO!

    I would love for you to hop over and visit me if you get the chance. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather for becoming my first member. I truly appreciate it! You have an awesome blog and I strive to become better when I look at your blog and other fellow bloggers.

      Have a wonderful Monday!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Ashley. I grew up watching Y&R with my mom...I also love Ron Clark! I have the two you mentioned, but I want The End of Molasses Classes, too...

    Welcome to blogging :)

    Treasures for Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on starting up your blog! The dollar store always has all of the things you never knew that you needed! And I totally agree about the heat... the weather was in the 80s today and it was lovely!

    I'm excited to be your newest follower... it's always hard to start out a blog and watch that number slowly crawl up but it's so rewarding to watch it grow!
    -Jessica
    A Turn to Learn

    ReplyDelete